Working in Soldeu

Here's a guide of what to do if you want to come and work in Soldeu. For further information please contact your relevant Foreign Office. cannot accept any responsibility for you not being accepted for work in Andorra . . .

From the UK

First of all you need to make sure your passport is valid until way into next year. It's recommended that you have six months left on your passport at the end of season, so until October/November really. If it's not, get applying for a replacement.

Next up, you need to get a Police report less than 3 months old by the time it is presented to immigration in Andorra. Ask at your local Police station, however, they may refer you to the county head office. You can usually apply online too which you may find easier. Once you have this, you need to get it stamped at the Legalisation Office of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) in Milton Keynes which costs 30 (2012). They only accept documents sent by post as they no longer offer a counter service. At the time of writing, that's all you need to do before you travel.

For more information you should visit the website of the Legalisation Office.

From Australia

Again, check that your passport will be valid, then visit the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade in any state capital ( You will also need Federal Police clearance. Applications for this are done on the Federal Police website ( This can take between 1 and 3 weeks. To get the most up-to-date information please contact the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.

Types of Jobs

There is a full range of jobs available in Soldeu & El Tarter, and for most you don't need to speak any languages except English! Jobs available include bar staff, waiters & waitresses, holiday reps, chefs, PRs (handing out fliers for bars), as well as the full range of hotel jobs, however for these you would probably need to speak Catalan or French or both!

Once You Arrive

Hopefully before you arrive you will have made some contact with a prospective employer, who will then be able to help you with the paperwork once you get to Soldeu. Alongside the paperwork you will need an up-to-date CV and a passport-sized photograph to hand in to imigration. You will need to go for a medical as well as visit the imigration office. Once your paperwork has been accepted you'll get your documents and be ready to start work!




We use cookies to ensure that you get the best user experience and to process your bookings. You can turn cookies off using your web browser settings, however some functions of our website won't work. To find out more about how we use cookies and your data please read our privacy policy.